Teacher: salary scale K1
Northland Kindergarten Association is seeking a motivated and enthusiastic teacher to be part of the teaching team at Mairtown Kindergarten, 21 Princes St, Whangarei. The kindergarten has a supportive community and is well-resourced. It has a teaching team of 4 teachers and a part-time administrator. The kindergarten operates five 6-hour sessions Monday to Friday.
Children’s strengths, interest and passions are supported by the teaching team as they scaffold each child’s growing learner identity. Areas that are very important to this kindergarten are nature-based education, play-based learning, art as a language for children and supporting children’s social and emotional wellbeing. Our kindergarten is part of the Enviroschools in the Early Years network and also runs a weekly Nature Programme.
NKA is seeking applications from qualified teachers who have the following attributes:
- Able to establish and maintain authentic and professional relationships with children, whānau and colleagues
- Self-motivated, show initiative and will work collaboratively within our team
- Good communicator with all members of the kindergarten community
- Have knowledge and understanding of nature-based education
- Have a sense of fun and adventure as well as being passionate and enthusiastic.
Applicants must hold a recognised New Zealand ECE qualification (minimum Dip Teaching ECE), current practising certificate and first aid certificate.
How to apply
Download an application pack and a position description from the NKA website or email to request an application pack and position description. Please email or post your applications with CV, referees' reports and direct enquiries to:
Carol Wati, Appointments Secretary, Northland Kindergarten
Box 4005, Kamo 0141
(09) 435 9099 extn 2
Mairtown Free Kindergarten
ECE centre details
21 Princes Street, Mairtown, Whangarei
P O Box 4005, Kamo, Whangarei 0141