We are looking for a qualified early childhood education teacher to join our home-based early learning services team, as a visiting teacher, part-time, 25 hours per week.
If you are passionate about home-based childcare and enjoy variety and flexible working conditions, you will enjoy this role providing professional leadership and support to our educators/nannies and au pairs.
This position would be based at our office in Queenstown. The successful applicant would need to be prepared to travel around the wider Queenstown and Wanaka regions. Car and phone provided.
We are looking for someone who has:
- An early childhood teaching qualification (minimum Dip Tch (ECE)
- Current full NZ Teaching Council practising certificate
- Knowledge and understanding of professional practice in early childhood education
- Experience in leading adults, including mentoring and coaching
- Knowledge and understanding of Ministry of Education legislation
- Ability to juggle a busy and varied workload with excellent time management
- Self motivated and enthusiastic
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to build and maintain professional relationships
- A full, clean NZ driver's licence
- Experience with learning stories, programme planning and some administration
- Computer skills are a must.
Our main purpose is to provide high-quality early childhood education and care that is consistent and results in delivering high-quality learning experiences for our children.
Visiting teachers are experienced early childhood practitioners who provide support and guidance to the home-based educators/nannies and au pairs in their areas to provide excellent early learning outcomes for our tamariki and whānau.
How to apply
Vacancy reference #:1HA44D
ECE centre details
25 Glenda Drive, Queenstown
P O Box 30871, Lower Hutt 5040