Head teacher – Northland Kindergarten Association
Salary scale K2.
NKA is seeking an experienced and motivated head teacher to lead a committed team of teachers at this kindergarten in Raumanga, Whangarei. We have a team of 4 teachers and a part-time administrator. The kindergarten operates five 6-hour sessions Monday to Friday catering for 30 children between 2 and 6-years of age.
This inspired team of teachers view children as powerful, capable, competent, rich contributors to society. They see their responsibility is to advocate, empower, scaffold and celebrate children’s learning. Whanaungatanga and manaakitanga are important aspects of working alongside of the tamariki and whānau at this kindergarten.
NKA is seeking applications from qualified, experienced teachers who have the following attributes:
- Is able to demonstrate outstanding leadership, management and mentoring skills
- Pedagogical leadership and knowledge
- Vision and a forward focus
- Is able to establish authentic professional relationships with children, whānau and colleagues
- Is self-motivated, has initiative and is able to work collaboratively with others
- Is a good communicator with all members of the wider kindergarten community
- The successful applicant will also be able to support the current teaching team and community on their journey of weaving their understanding and practice of Te Ao Māori in an early childhood context and setting.
We are part of a network of 22 kindergartens within the NKA. The kindergarten is supported by a professional practice and management team. Applicants must hold a minimum Dip Tch (ECE) or higher qualification, current registration and first aid certificate.
How to apply
Download an application pack and position description from the website or email/phone for an application pack and position description. Email/post applications to:
Carol Wati, Appointments Secretary
Box 4005, Kamo 0141
(09) 435 9099 extn 2
ECE centre details
64 Murdoch Crescent Otaika, Whangarei
P O Box 4005, Kamo, Whangarei 0141