Assistant centre manager
Are you a team leader looking for the next step? This could be the one for you. We have an opportunity for a superstar assistant manager to join our whānau!
You will be responsible for supporting the centre manger in the day-to-day running of our centre, including centre enrolments, developing strong relationships with tamariki, whānau and the Orewa community, coaching and mentoring your team and ensuring our excellent standards of education and care are met.
As our assistant centre manager, you will have:
- A minimum of 2 years' leadership experience
- A strong knowledge of current ECE practices and Ministry regulations
- A passion for delivering high-quality education and care
- A supportive attitude
- Good communication skills, both verbally and written
- Experience and confidence in programme planning
- A strong understanding of the Te Whāriki curriculum
- Most importantly you will enjoy learning, laughing and playing alongside our tamariki.
In return, we can offer:
- Pay that is above the market rate
- A supportive workplace, which grows its own leaders internally
- Ongoing access to professional development
- An excellent programme for supporting provisional teachers to get their full registration
- A fund to support the wellbeing of our kaiako
- Payment support for teacher certification
- 50% off childcare for your children
- Payment of first aid renewals
- And loads more!
If you can commit to providing quality education and have a good understanding of bicultural practice then apply today.
We cater for children all day from 0–5 years of age, Monday to Friday.
Being family-owned and oriented, we reflect our local community, our commitment to the Treaty of Waitangi, Te Whāriki, and the Educare vision of Learn, Laugh, Play. To learn more about Educare please view our website.
Educare completes safety checks on all employees.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
How to apply
Please apply with your cover letter, CV, a copy of your degree and your first aid certificate to:
(027) 254 1919
ECE centre details
46 Centreway Road, Orewa
3 Grey Street, Regent, Whangarei 0112