This role is a fixed-term full-time contract which will begin term 1, 2020 and be reviewed term 4 end, December 2020. Teacher salary will be based on skills and experience. Position is for 30+ hours a week, pay and exact hours negotiable.
The teacher role is a hands-on position that is responsible for the day-to-day teaching operation of Kimihia and outdoor adventure therapy.
- Prepare, deliver and assess learning opportunities for our students within the classroom setting towards NCEA Level 1 (e.g. numeracy, literacy, home economics)
- Lead the outdoor adventure therapy programme.
Adventure therapy is a vital component of the programme delivery, education outside the classroom and outdoor experience is a significant part of the role.
- NZ registered teacher, with current practising certificate
- Outdoor skills and proven experience
- Te reo Māori knowledge preferred but not essential
- Musical background preferred but not essential
- Flexible approach to work
- Resilient personality; able to work with and relate well to young people exhibiting challenging behaviours
- Manual driver licence essential.
How to apply
Vacancy reference #:1HA387
Kimihia Adventure Programme