Tararua Bush principals are seeking applicants for one (within a team of 4) learning support coordinator (LSC) who will be based at Tararua College and work across the Tararua Bush cluster (ECE, primary and secondary).
The LSC role is a non-teaching, full-time role, working with students, teachers, whānau and agencies to support the learning of our students. A role description for the LSCs as well as responses to Frequently Asked Questions outline the specific details of these exciting new positions.
Our 4 LSCs will be housed at 4 different schools but will work across schools in the district – Alfredton, Ballance, Eketahuna, Kumeroa, Makuri, Mangatainoka, Pahiatua, Papatawa, Pongaroa, St Anthonys, Tararua College and Woodville. They will also have strong working relationships with the early childhood centres in our area. The LSCs will initially work to co-construct the wellbeing register to help determine areas of need and therefore possible combination of mahi across schools.
To be considered for the position, applicants will be registered teachers and have:
- Proven ability to build confidence, trust and collaborative relationships with whānau
- Demonstrated successful experience in working with and including children and young people with learning support needs in the classroom
- A sound knowledge, commitment to, and understanding of the learning support system and the learning support action plan priorities
- The ability to engage at a school or kura and cluster leadership level
- Influencing skills at a working level within a school or kura and the wider cluster
- Understanding of te ao Māori
- A current teaching practising certificate and relevant teaching qualification
- Met professional standards relevant to their current position.