Our kindergarten team have a position available for a special ECE qualified teacher, suitable for a fully registered and experienced teacher with a wealth of talent to share.
We place tamariki and whānau at the heart of everything we do. We support every child to be a confident and capable learner, in an inclusive and caring environment where everyone is welcome. Our teaching team and children reflect the cultural diversity of Auckland and the local community, and we are proud of the richness of cultures and values which make us unique.
For success in this role, you will be:
- A warm, caring and calm-natured person, and a collaborative and responsible team member
- Experienced working in a multicultural setting, with strong understanding of Tikanga Māori, te reo and Te Ao Māori
- Passionate about play-based learning and nurturing children's interests, imagination and uniqueness
- Experienced with enquiry-based and project learning, the Reggio philosophy, and positive guidance strategies
- An excellent communicator (written and verbal), able to connect with our multi-cultural families
- Fluency in another language may also be beneficial
- Well organised and self-motivated, and skilled in planning, assessment and documentation
- Able to effectively articulate your teaching practice through children's learning stories, experienced using StoryPark
- Creative, flexible, and energetic
- Experienced working with children with additional needs (beneficial).
To find out more about our kindergarten, "Click here"
If you are this special teacher, then please APPLY now using the link provided.
We also encourage interested applicants to visit. Please call and make a time to come in. We look forward to welcoming you.
The terms and conditions of this position are set out in the Kindergarten Teachers', Head Teachers', and Senior Teachers' Collective Agreement 2017-2019
Note: Applicants must have the legal right to work in New Zealand to be considered.
Te Atatu South Kindergarten
ECE centre details
66 A Divich Avenue, Te Atatu South, Auckland
P O Box 6933, Wellesley Street, Auckland 1141