We are currently looking for a registered ECE teacher to join our team as one of our existing members must cut down their weekly hours due to personal circumstances.
We are a mixed-age, home-style centre with a diverse cultural background. The centre offers:
- LOADS of regular and spontaneous excursions including bush walks, rest home visits, farm visits, swimming, rock climbing, park and supermarket visits, and more
- Excellent adult:child ratios to enhance the teaching experience and a maintain low-stress, fun and loving culture
- 3 hours of non-contact per week for full-time ECE teachers, with the freedom to complete non-contact work at home and a very reasonable work load
- 10 sick days per year as we respect the fact that ECE teachers are always at the front line of contagious diseases (double to Employment NZ requirement).
You will be required to work among different age groups (ranging from 4 months to 5 years) from a number of different cultural backgrounds (India, Sri Lanka, Japan, Cook Islands, Māori, Samoa, Brazil, China, Fiji, Taiwan, Philippines, Malaysia, Indonesia etc...).
You will be supported by a super-friendly, highly supportive and child-oriented team.
Successful applicants must be:
- Passionate about children and their learning
- Open to cultural differences
- Keen to write learning stories
- Tough in bad weather and love excursions
- Hold current full or provisional registration.
How to apply
Please send your CV and direct enquiries to:
Richard, Centre Licensee
61 Gala St, Avenal, Invercargill
(021) 029 18891
Vacancy reference #:1HA27b
ECE centre details
61 Gala St, Invercargill
61 Gala Street, Avenal, Invercargill 9810