Team leader preschool - Counties Manakau Kindergarten Association
ELCM is a subsidiary of Counties Manukau Kindergarten Association.
Are you interested in working for a community-based organisation that places children before profit?
We are like a richly resourced treasure tucked away in our local community. Our large centre is privileged to have a positive reputation, full rolls and an ever-growing waitlist.
After 6 years with us, our preschool team leader is leaving some big shoes to fill!
- Lead and teach from the heart?
- Model respectful practices and value relationships?
- Enjoy and grow professional collaboration amongst your team, with the ability to draw out individual strengths for the benefit of all?
- Value reflective practice and professional discussion?
- Foster a healthy culture for teachers and children to live and learn in?
- Have strong and effective communication skills that build Whanaungatanga with a diverse learning community?
- Have sound working knowledge around planning, assessment and evaluation?
- Write high-quality authentic documentation that captures learning journeys?
- Value and create beautiful learning spaces that foster ongoing inquiry and wonder for children?
We will offer you:
- High-quality teaching and learning spaces with a very large natural outdoor environment
- The leadership of a team of 7 passionate preschool teachers who keep children at the heart of what they do each day
- 6 hours non-contact a week, 6 weeks' annual leave, a mid-year 2 day team development hui and other quality professional development opportunities
- The opportunity to work alongside a supportive, experienced centre manager and additional team leader of our infants and toddlers.
Potential applicants are encouraged to visit our early learning centre in Takanini. Please phone/email Jude to arrange a suitable time for a visit or for further information.
ECE centre details
8 Oakleigh Avenue, Takanini, Auckland
P O Box 93, Takanini, Auckland 2245