Learning support coordinators (2 positions)
The Special Character Cluster, Invercargill are excited to be able to offer 2 learning support coordinator positions to start in January 2020.
These positions are part of the Ministry of Education's learning support delivery model and will be an exciting new addition of support for children, young people, their families and whānau.
This is a non-teaching role that would be suited to someone with significant experience in working with children and families that have diverse needs.
There are a set of skills that are vital for these positions, therefore the persons applying need to be able to demonstrate:
- Sound theory-based practice
- Systematic data collection and thinking
- Strong leadership skills
- The ability to have difficult conversations in a supportive way
- A sense of humour
- Be child and family-focused
- Be able to make, maintain and at times restore relationships
- The ability to see the positives in all situations – strengths-based approach
- Cool, calm and collected – considered in decisions and actions.
A willingness and ability to support the special character of the schools shall be a condition of appointment.
How to apply
Vacancy reference #:1HA1iM
Sacred Heart School (Waikiwi)
435 North Road, Waikiwi, Invercargill
435 North Road, Waikiwi, Invercargill, 9810
View on map