Learning support coordinator
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a new initiative within our Te Puna Mātauranga Kāhui Ako (TPM KA).
Our vision is valuing our community, investing in our people, connecting.
Te Puna Mātauranga Kāhui Ako is seeking 4 fully released learning support coordinators (LSCS) to work collegially within our region. These positions will start in January 2020. The successful applicants will be working with students, teachers, whānau and agencies to support the learning of our students.
Key attributes for the role include:
- Demonstrating an ability to form positive, outcome-based relationships with students/whānau
- Demonstrating successful experience in working with and including students with learning support needs in the classroom
- A sound knowledge, commitment to, and understanding of the learning support system and the learning support action plan priorities
- The ability to engage at a school/kura and cluster leadership level influencing skills at a working level
- Understanding of te ao Māori
- A current teaching practising certificate and relevant teaching qualification.
LSCs will work to build the learning support capability of kaiako/teachers, and to help identify and plan for the learning support needs of all of the children and young people in our Kāhui Ako. This is a coordinating role but requires the incumbents to be experienced teachers in order to know how to engage with kaiako/teachers to support the development of their practice in working with children and young people with a range of learning support needs.
How to apply
Vacancy reference #:1HA1hh
ECE centre details
52 Takapuwahia Drive, Elsdon, Porirua
P O Box 50743, Porirua 5240