Teacher – Kindergarten Taranaki
40 hours per week
Start date: 17 January 2020
Are you passionate about developing meaningful relationships with tamariki and whānau by respecting their aspirations for their tamaiti, and dedicated to making a difference in our local community?
The ability to establish and foster genuine and meaningful relationships with local hapū and iwi and confidence in the use of te reo and tikanga Māori is essential.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a team to develop and grow the service with new ideas, share your passion, expertise and strengths to enrich learning. Creating an environment where learners can be confident in their language, culture and identity is highly valued in this place.
About this role:
- This kindergarten has a stunning environment with mature trees and an uncluttered learning environment, including natural materials and loose parts, with a strong commitment to sustainable practices and involving tamariki in real-life learning experiences
- The kindergarten has strong whānau support and established relationships with schools, support services and the local community.
What we offer:
- As part of kindergarten Taranaki, you have the opportunity to enjoy the benefits of the KTCA and to be part of an organisation which offers fantastic professional development opportunities and ongoing support for you and your career
- You will be part of a professional network of 24 kindergartens
- All 24 kindergartens are Enviroschools
- We encourage all kindergartens to be involved in Incredible Years, Healthy Heart and deepening our cultural journey to strengthen Te Ao Māori.
All applicants must hold a NZ recognised ECE qualification and current registration.
How to apply
For further information download an application pack from our website or phone. Please send your CV and direct enquiries to:
(027) 639 9830
Frankleigh Park Kindergarten
ECE centre details
147A Govett Avenue, Frankleigh Park, New Plymouth
P O Box 655, New Plymouth 4340