Resource teacher deaf (RTD), North Shore and/or Northwest Auckland
Start date: term 1, 2020.
Are you looking for an invigorating change in your teaching career?
We are seeking a positive and enthusiastic, fully registered teacher or qualified teacher of the deaf with previous successful NZ Curriculum mainstream teaching experience and strong communication skills. Must demonstrate a willingness to develop proficiency in New Zealand Sign Language (NZSL) and listening and spoken language practices for deaf children. For this position you will be itinerating to mainstream schools in the North Shore – West Auckland area, so a valid and current driver’s licence is essential.
Requirements for this position:
- Must reside in the North – West Auckland region (preferably North Shore), and be willing to itinerate within a designated caseload area
- Previous competent teaching of mainstream children and/or experience of working with deaf children would be of benefit
- Competency in NZSL, and knowledge of current inclusive practices for diverse DHH learners an advantage but not essential
- Current driver licence and full NZ teacher registration essential
- Lease vehicle or use of own car to be determined by expected weekly mileage thresholds.
A job description is available upon request for this position.
How to apply
Vacancy reference #:1HA1S9