Early childhood teacher (full or provisional)
Anglican Care Waiapu is committed to supporting our most vulnerable children and whānau; partnering with them to achieve positive outcomes. We recognise and acknowledge Te Tiriti o Waitangi which invites us into a mutually respectful relationship with whānau, iwi and hapū.
We are a friendly childcare centre with a real heart for our children and community, operating under the umbrella of Anglican Care Waiapu. We offer high-quality education and care in a safe and engaging environment. We cater for up to 50 children, including 20 U2s. Learning is interest-based where teachers and teaching assistants help to foster a love of lifelong learning.
We are looking for a fully/provisionally registered teacher to join our experienced team and be responsible for providing a stimulating, fun, learning enriched curriculum that reflects each child and the community. You will need to have a passion for working alongside children and whānau, be a fun, positive and energetic role-model, and conduct yourself with integrity and respect for others and display excellent teaching qualities. Full-time – 37 hours a week, flexible hours between the hours of 7.30am–3.30pm. Driver’s licence preferable to assist with the pick-up and drop-offs of our tamariki.
You will need:
- An ECE qualification and current NZ teacher registration (provisional will be considered)
- Experience working with tamariki in early childhood education
- Ability to demonstrate a range of positive guidance strategies
- Proven ability to plan, implement and evaluate programmes
- Effective narrative writing skills for assessment documentation
- Excellent relationship management skills
- Enthusiasm and confidence to share your knowledge of te reo Māori and tikanga practices with tamariki
- Ability to foster an environment reflective of our special character and Christian values.
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you.
How to apply
Vacancy reference #:1HA0yr
ECE centre details
776 Childers Road, Te Hapara, Gisborne
P O Box 227, Napier 4140