Learning support coordinators (2 positions)
The Rotorua East Kāhui Ako seeks applicants.
Start date: January 2020.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a new initiative within our Kāhui Ako (KA).
We are seeking 4 full-time learning support coordinators to work collegially within our schools and early childhood education centres.
2 positions are being advertised through Lynmore Primary (guidance and support roles) and 2 through Rotorua Lakes High School (accessing education and Māori achievement).
To be considered for the position, applicants will be registered teachers and have:
- Demonstrated successful experience in working with students and young people with learning support needs in the classroom
- A sound knowledge, commitment to, and understanding of the learning support system and the learning support action plan priorities
- The ability to engage at a school or kura and cluster leadership level
- Influencing skills at a working level within a school or kura and the wider cluster
- Understanding of te ao Māori
- A current teaching practising certificate and relevant teaching qualification
- Met professional standards relevant to their current position.
Applicants will also need to continue the development of the cluster learning support register.
We have positions working with the following cluster schools:
- Owhata Primary School
- Rotokawa Primary School
- Lynmore Primary School
- Mokoia Intermediate School
- Rotorua Lakes High School
- STAND for Children's Services Health Camp.
There are 4 positions in total for the cluster:
Guidance and wellbeing (Lynmore School)
Accessing education (Lakes High School)
Support programmes (Lynmore School)
Supporting Māori achievement (Lakes High School)
How to apply
Please complete the attached application form for the guidance and support programmes roles (the other 2 roles are through the Lakes High School advert). Email completed form to:
Lorraine Taylor, Principal, Lynmore School
Iles Rd, Lynmore, Rotorua 3010
(07) 345 9850
Download the Support Programmes application form here
Download the Guidance application form here:
Vacancy reference #:1HA0Yp
Iles Road, Lynmore, Rotorua
Iles Road, Lynmore, Rotorua, 3010
View on map