Junior teacher 0.8
An exciting opportunity for a 0.8 teacher for 2020 (0.5 permanent and 0.3 fixed-term for the year).
This is your DREAM job...seriously!
- 14 children currently in the junior (Y0–3) class
- Well-resourced school
- Small, fun team: principal, one other teacher and a teacher aide
- Only 20 minutes from Te Awamutu in a stunning rural setting
- Awesome and supportive BOT and community
- Did we mention, fun?
- We want an innovative, engaging and experienced teacher to provide an exciting, rich programme to our beautiful junior children
- Lots of collaboration with the senior class
- Lots of EOTC opportunities
- School roll of 29
- Lots of...fun! (Did we mention that?)
- We need a strong teacher of literacy but someone who can think outside the square to shift struggling learners
- Be able to help lead implementation of the digital technology curriculum across the school
- A teacher who is supportive of innovation and research-based ideas to improve student outcomes. Bring your ideas for raising student achievement
- Collaboration and PLD opportunities between other local schools
- More CRT release time than entitled to under the teachers contract
- An awesome change of pace and opportunity for someone who believes strongly in the importance of Whanungatanga in learning.
Position starts term 1, 2020.
If this sounds like a bit of you – apply.
How to apply
Please email your CV, and cover letter to:
Carol-Lynn Hill, Principal
14 Wharepapa South Rd, Te Awamutu
(027) 683 3017
Vacancy reference #:1H9z8U
14 Wharepapa Road, Te Awamutu
14 Wharepapa South Road RD 7, Te Awamutu, 3877
View on map