Learning support coordinator (2 positions)
The Opuke Kāhui Ako has vacancies for 2 learning support coordinator roles.
There are three roles allocated to the Opuke Kahui Ako. Each position will serve a specific school or cluster of schools.
Cluster 2: Mayfield, Mt Somers Springburn, Methven(host), Our Lady of the Snows
Cluster 3: Lauriston, Rakaia, Dorie, Chertsey(host)
The successful applicants will work collaboratively together and with agencies to support the learning journeys of a range of our students. These innovative positions commence on 28 January 2020.
The host schools in our cluster will employ 1 successful applicant each.
Applicants will be New Zealand registered, experienced teachers who have:
- Demonstrated successful experience working with children and young people with learning support needs
- A sound knowledge, commitment to, and understanding of the learning support system and the learning support action plan priorities
- The ability to engage with schools and cluster leadership
- Influencing skills at a working level within a school and wider cluster
- Understanding of te ao Māori
- A current teaching practising certificate and relevant teaching qualification
- Met professional standards relevant to their current position.
McDonald Street, Methven
1 McDonald Street, Methven, 7730
View on map