Teacher – Ruahine Kindergarten Association
Finding an elusive early childhood teaching role with the best provider out is much like stumbling across a unicorn on your way to the local dairy. Lucky for you, RKA, a true not-for-profit organisation with a community-based, child-centred approach, has a rare teaching vacancy at our kindergarten within an experienced team in an amazing high-energy environment with a 35 place licence.
Due to the incumbent teacher moving on to a fabulous new opportunity, if you are a qualified and registered teacher who is confident with ICT; has a current first aid certificate that covers all of the NZQA standards for working within early childhood education; as well as a passion for bicultural practices and articulating aspects of Te Tiriti o Waitangi when working with children, then RKA and our team are looking for a teacher just like you!
Other attributes that will be a huge advantage for you include:
- Strong interest in the environment and its role in teaching
- Ability to build relationships in a tight-knit community and work with a variety of children and whānau
- A team player who has good time management
- Proven internal evaluation practices
- Forward-thinking and responsive to constant change
- Confidence in your teaching practice
- Willingness to continue to develop professionally.
- The ability to bring your sense of fun and humour to work with you.
In return RKA will welcome you as a valued member of our extended whānau while offering generous ongoing professional support; quality continuous professional development that is second to none; 6 weeks plus 1 day annual leave, pay parity with primary teachers; and 12½ hours of non-contact time per week!
Sound like your cup of tea? Don’t hesitate, please apply.
How to apply
Complete the teacher application process on our website. Please apply ONLY through our website.
(06) 357 8264
ECE centre details
7 Radnor Place, Takaro, Palmerston North
26 Taonui Street, Palmerston North 4410