Teacher – Northland Kindergarten Association
Salary scale K1.
NKA is seeking a motivated and enthusiastic teacher to be part of the teaching team at this kindergarten in Whangarei. The kindergarten has a supportive community and is well-resourced. It has a teaching team of 4 teachers and a part-time administrator. The kindergarten operates five 6-hour sessions Monday to Friday.
Children’s strengths, interests and passions are supported by the teaching team as they scaffold each child’s growing learner identity. Areas that are very important to this kindergarten are nature-based education, play-based learning, art as a language for children and supporting children’s social and emotional wellbeing. We are part of the Enviroschools in the Early Years network and also run a weekly nature programme.
NKA is seeking applications from qualified teachers who have the following attributes:
- Able to establish and maintain authentic and professional relationships with children, whānau and colleagues
- Self-motivated, show initiative and will work collaboratively within our team
- Good communicator with all members of the kindergarten community
- Be able to write meaningful documentation
- Have knowledge and understanding of nature-based education
- Have a sense of fun and adventure as well as being passionate and enthusiastic.
Applicants must hold a minimum Dip Tch (ECE) or higher qualification, current practising certificate and first aid certificate.
How to apply
Download an application pack and a position description from the NKA website or email to request them. Email/post applications to:
Carol Wati, Appointments Secretary
Box 4005, Kamo, Whangarei 0141
(09) 435 9099 extn 2
Mairtown Free Kindergarten
ECE centre details
21 Princes Street, Mairtown, Whangarei
P O Box 4005, Kamo, Whangarei 0141