19/481 Poutiaki rauemi
Please visit the DIA website to see the full advert.
National Library is seeking an outstanding person for the key position of poutiaki rauemi within the literacy and learning directorate at a time of dynamic opportunity and change. This is a strategic position playing a key role in leading development of effective national services that support Māori education based on the priorities and expectations of customers and key stakeholders from the culture and heritage and education sectors.
The poutiaki rauemi position will contribute knowledge and expertise to the leadership team in shaping our services and building internal capability to support Māori learners through growing our partnerships and collaboration across agencies including with the Ministry of Education (MOE) to achieve greater reach and impact of our services and resources.
The poutiaki rauemi will also have a role in the ongoing development of He Tohu Tāmaki, the learning experience for educators and students at the National Library Auckland with a key role in supporting and building partnerships with mana whenua.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Demonstrated successful and extensive experience in supporting Māori education
- Fluency in te reo Māori with a deep knowledge of Tikanga Māori and Mātauranga Māori
- Outstanding relationship management, interpersonal and strategic skills
- Well-developed relationships and networks across Māori education
- Knowledge and up-to-date understanding of developments across education, library and wider culture and heritage sector.
Department of Internal Affairs