Early learning educator
40 hours per week.
- You are an exceptional and inspirational educator who enjoys variety
- You enjoy working with tamariki and seeing their growth
- You will thrive in a uniquely diverse, inclusive, and culturally rich work place.
Te Wānanga o Aotearoa is dedicated to providing memorable experiences for tamariki and whānau by offering quality holistic educational opportunities utilising interactive learning.
We are looking for a highly motivated, inspirational qualified and registered educator to be part of our friendly, vibrant and dynamic team.
To be successful in your application you will have:
- A BEd/Dip Tch (ECE) (preferred) or diploma or degree in teaching primary
- Teaching Council of Aotearoa practising certificate (current)
- Or in final semester of your third year ECE degree
- Experience working with tamariki in early childhood education or new entrants
- Proven ability to plan, implement and evaluate programmes
- Effective narrative skills for writing assessments
- A sound understanding of Māori culture, values, tikanga and reo.
This position is classed as a core worker and will need to pass a safety check under the Children’s Act 2014.
Why you should apply:
- We are committed to providing high-quality care and education for all tamariki and whānau and the wider community through aroha
- Our Hamilton Puna was recognised by ERO as Very Well Placed in 2017, earning a 4-year review return
- We are active in rangahau, with our Hamilton Puna contributing to local and international research
- We celebrate te reo Māori, uphold it and revere it as a taonga tuku iho.
Raroera te Puawai Early Learning Centre
ECE centre details
510 Te Rapa Road, Hamilton Central, Hamilton
P O Box 6076, Urlich, Hamilton 3246