Head teacher – Ruahine Kindergaten Association
Due to the incumbent moving on to a fantastic new opportunity, a vacancy has arisen for a head teacher to join the team at this kindergarten. Support the teaching team within a 40-place licence in an exciting place to work, with an amazing community and an innovative team. We invite you to come to our kindergarten, meet the team, and take in all that we have to offer!
A relevant ECE qualification, full teacher registration, current first aid certificate and proven ICT skills are a must.
In addition, the preferred applicant will also demonstrate the following:
- Strength in leadership, self-confidence and the ability to support and build their team
- A positive team player who values collaborative working relationships, listening and thinks creatively
- Self-awareness, effective communication, deep reflection and the ability to promote reflection in others
- Elevated professional ethics and knowledge and commitment to pursuing quality with the team
- The disposition to deal with challenges positively
- A commitment to whanaungatanga and bicultural practices
- Open to innovation with a growth mindset and a clear vision
- Proven administrative capability
- Forward-thinking and responsiveness to change
- Ability to build relationships in a tight-knit community and work with a large number of children and whānau
- Strong bicultural skills and the ability to work within an already established community tikanga (see attached).
In return RKA will welcome you as a valued member of our extended whānau while offering generous ongoing professional support; quality continuous professional development that is second to none; 6 weeks plus 1 day annual leave; pay parity with primary teachers; and 12½ hours of non-contact time per week!
Sound like your cup of tea? Don’t hesitate, please apply by completing the teacher application process on our website.
ECE centre details
Wilson Street, Bulls
26 Taonui Street, Palmerston North 4410