Primary and intermediate schools manager
Want to make a positive difference to the tamariki in primary and intermediate schools in Tāmaki Makaurau, and get more Aucklanders physically active?
Reporting to the regional schools manager, you will be working as part of a skilled team focused on helping young people 5–12 years participate in sport, physical education, physical activity and play through a new initiative, ’healthy active learning’. You will do this by supporting school leaders and teachers with fostering healthy and active school environments through the HPE curriculum. Other aspects include identifying and developing opportunities for quality physical activity experiences for tamariki (in schools and communities) and supporting healthy eating and drinking behaviours and practices.
You will be:
- Action-oriented with a ‘can-do attitude’
- A thoughtful and experienced leader with the capability to influence changes in attitudes, behaviours and processes
- Experienced in strategically leading the design and implementation of medium to large scale projects that operate across multiple settings
- Have a strong understanding of wellbeing, physical education, youth sport, physical activity and play; and what quality experiences look like
- Skilled in partnering and managing stakeholders, teams and individuals to achieve quality outcomes
- A qualified teacher who has worked in a New Zealand school setting.
A competitive salary package, plus company vehicle, are provided, and the organisation is committed to providing excellent professional development opportunities.
How to apply
Vacancy reference #:1H9wfh