Early childhood teacher
Do you have a passion for working with young children? Do you want to work in a centre where each child and their whānau is respected, valued and heard? Do you want to work in a centre that focuses on growth and professional development? Do you know how to balance laughter and conversation with professionalism? Would you like to work in a team that inspires, values and motivates you? If you've answered yes to these. We'd love to hear from you!
Our boutique, home-like centre at the heart of our learning community is looking to employ a qualified and registered ECE teacher. We are licensed for a maximum of 33 children including 12 U2s. Our team of thoughtful, dedicated and informed teachers incorporate intentional teaching practices, planned and spontaneous learning experiences and teachable moments into our local curriculum. We acknowledge and value the significant importance of relationships within our setting, and the influence they have on children's learning journeys. We are proud of the relationships we build within our community and believe they are the foundation of learning.
We offer a fun, supportive, relaxed and down-to-earth working environment, with plenty of opportunities for professional and personal growth, as well as exciting team-building opportunities.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- A recognised Level 7 or higher ECE qualification
- Current registration/practising certificate
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Excellent personal presentation skills
- The ability to produce quality planning, assessment and evaluation
- A commitment to providing quality education and care for our learning community
- A commitment to ongoing professional learning and development
- A genuine awareness of bicultural practices
- Excellent staff discounts, mentoring, and PDL opportunities are available.
The start date for the potential candidate is flexible and hours are negotiable.
How to apply
Vacancy reference #:1H9wNx
Woodhouse Early Learning Centre
ECE centre details
6 Woodhouse Street, Invercargill
P O Box 7074, Invercargill, Invercargill 9844