Head teacher –Kindergartens Taranaki
- We are looking for a leader who serves others; has strengths in mentoring and collectively working alongside tamariki, colleagues, whānau and community to foster pathways for future generations.
- Are you knowledgeable about Te Ao Māori and committed to ensuring that te reo Māori not only survives but thrives?
- Are you courageous, strong and resilient to change, can overcome challenges and able to lead others by remaining positive and future-focused?
- Are you able to inspire, motivate and support teachers to continually improve teaching and learning?
- Are you able to lead and support others in working towards a shared strategic vision of the Kindergarten Association?
About this role
- At the kindergarten you would lead a team of 3 other teachers, plus support staff, to provide a high-quality programme for tamariki
- This kindergarten has a stunning environment and actively engages in a whole centre approach to Enviroschools
- This kindergarten has strong whānau support and established relationships with schools and support services.
What we offer you
- As part of Kindergarten Taranaki, you have the opportunity to enjoy the benefits of the KTCA and ongoing professional development opportunities
- You will be part of a professional network of 24 head teachers and supported by the professional team
- Ongoing support with assessment / internal evaluation / teaching as inquiry / educative mentoring and pedagogical leadership and management
- We encourage all kindergartens to be involved in Enviroschools, Incredible Years, Healthy Heart and to be part of a deepening cultural journey to strengthen Te Ao Māori across the organisation.
All applicants must hold a NZ recognised ECE qualification and current registration. For further information about our kindergartens and to download an application pack go to our website www.kindergartentaranaki.co.nz.
How to apply
Vacancy reference #:1H9w9J
Kahikatea Kindergarten Hurdon
ECE centre details
357 Tukapa Street RD 1, New Plymouth
P O Box 655, New Plymouth 4340