Trained ECE teacher
This is an exciting and rare opportunity to teach in our small community-focused centre, based in Miramar.
We are seeking a teacher who is passionate about teaching infants and toddlers in particular, and understands and respects the philosophies of Pikler and RIE.
Community is at the heart of everything we do – our new teacher will value the important role that whānau and the local community play in the lives of our tamariki. Above all else, you will be able to demonstrate an appreciation of diversity and what it offers our learning community, along with knowledge and a passion for child-led learning.
We are looking for a dedicated teacher who has:
- The ability to work well with the team and families and who celebrates and respects cultural diversity
- Strong knowledge of programme planning and of Te Whāriki
- Knowledge and understanding of RIE/Pikler practice and philosophy
- Good communication and the ability to form strong partnerships with whānau.
What you will get:
- An excellent wage package
- Effective support by experienced teachers
- Opportunities to take on extra responsibilities and contribute your strengths and competencies for the wellbeing of the team
- Free childcare for your own children
- Free parking and convenient access to buses (bus stops outside centre).
This is clearly a supportive and rewarding environment, as proven by the experienced staff and a happy group of children at the centre. If you think this position could be the one for you, please apply.
You must be a NZ registered ECE teacher to be considered for this position.
Applicants must also have NZ residency or a valid NZ work permit.
How to apply
Please email your CV, cover letter and direct enquiries to:
Ange Fieldes, Head Teacher
(04) 388 3344
Vacancy reference #:1H9vze
ECE centre details
95 Park Road, Miramar, Wellington
P O Box 26003, Newlands, Wellington 6442