Resource teacher of the deaf
Resource teacher of the deaf position (RTD), metropolitan Auckland (Franklin-Papakura area team).
Start date: preferably term 4.
We are seeking a positive and enthusiastic, qualified teacher or teacher of the deaf with previous successful mainstream teaching experience and strong communication skills. Must demonstrate a willingness to develop proficiency in New Zealand Sign Language (NZSL) and listening and spoken language practices for deaf children. For this position you will be itinerating to mainstream schools within the Papakura-Franklin Auckland region, so a valid and current driver’s licence is essential.
Requirements for this position:
- Must reside in the greater Auckland region and be willing to itinerate within a designated caseload area
- Previous competent teaching of mainstream children and/or experience of working with deaf children would be of benefit
- Competency in NZSL, and knowledge of current inclusive practices for diverse DHH learners an advantage
- Current driver's licence and full NZ teacher registration essential
- Lease vehicle or use of own car to be determined by expected weekly mileage thresholds.
How to apply
A job description is available upon request for this position. Please apply in writing enclosing your CV and a covering letter by email to:
Lynne Guy, Regional Manager
(09) 827 4859
Vacancy reference #:1H9vvb