K2 head teacher
We are seeking a motivated head teacher, with leadership experience to be part of an established and dedicated team of teachers at our kindergarten in Whangarei. We have a teaching team of 5 teachers and a part-time administrator. The kindergarten operates five 6-hour sessions Monday to Friday catering for 40 children per session. The kindergarten has a supportive community and is well-resourced.
Children’s strengths, interests and passions are supported by the teaching team as they scaffold each child’s growing learner identity. Areas that are very important to this kindergarten are nature-based education, learning through play, art as a language for children and supporting children’s social and emotional wellbeing. Our kindergarten is part of the Enviroschools in the Early Years network and a weekly nature programme away from the kindergarten is also run.
Northland Kindergarten Association is seeking applications from qualified, experienced teachers who have the following attributes:
- Is able to demonstrate outstanding leadership, management and mentoring skills
- Displays evidence of strong contemporary practices and pedagogical leadership
- Who can bring to life a vision for the future that is shared by the team
- Is able to establish authentic professional relationships with children, whānau and colleagues
- Is self-motivated, has initiative and is able to work collaboratively with others
- Is an excellent communicator with all members of the wider kindergarten community
- Has knowledge around and preferably experience in, the running of a nature programme, although this may be not necessary if all other attributes are met.
Our kindergarten is part of the Northland Kindergarten Association, which offers fantastic professional development opportunities, is part of a network of 22 kindergartens and is supported by our professional practice team.
Applicants must hold a minimum Dip Tch (ECE) or higher qualification, current practising certificate and first aid certificate.
How to apply
Please email or post your application and direct enquiries to:
Carol Wati, Appointments Secretary
Box 4005, Kamo, Whangarei 0141
(09) 435 9099 extn 2
Mairtown Free Kindergarten
ECE centre details
21 Princes Street, Mairtown, Whangarei
P O Box 4005, Kamo, Whangarei 0141