K2 head teacher
We are seeking a motivated head teacher, with extensive leadership experience to be part of an established and dedicated team of teachers at our kindergarten, in Otangarei, Whangarei.
Our kindergarten has a teaching team of 4 teachers and a part-time administrator. The kindergarten operates five 6-hour sessions Monday to Friday catering for 30 children between 2 and 6 years of age. All the tamariki currently enrolled are Māori. This team’s philosophy is influenced by the model of Te Whare Tapa Whā.
Northland Kindergarten Association is seeking applications from qualified, experienced teachers who have the following attributes:
- Is able to demonstrate outstanding leadership, management and mentoring skills
- Displays evidence of strong contemporary practices and pedagogical leadership
- Has strong bicultural practice and knowledge
- Is able to bring to life a vision for the future that is shared by the team
- Is able to establish authentic professional relationships with children, whānau and colleagues
- Is self-motivated, has initiative and is able to work collaboratively with others
- Is an excellent communicator with all members of the wider kindergarten community
- Has a strong focus on inclusiveness, recognising and valuing the rich diversity of the tamariki, kaiako, whānau and local community.
To be considered you need a current practising certificate, a Dip Tch (ECE) or higher qualification and hold a current first aid certificate.
How to apply
Please email or post your application and direct enquiries to:
Carol Wati, Appointments Secretary
Box 4005, Kamo, Whangarei 0141
(09) 4359 099 extn 2
ECE centre details
189 William Jones Drive, Otangarei, Whangarei
P O Box 4005, Kamo, Whangarei 0141