A fantastic opportunity has arisen at our kindergarten for a permanent, full-time, qualified and certified teacher with a minimum of 2 years' experience to join our passionate team.
Our kindergarten has passion and purpose: passion for the community, for early learning, and innovation in teaching, and a purpose to provide quality early childhood education. We are proud to be a place that nurtures happy, confident learners through imaginative, creative play and teaching.
Our holistic kindergarten experience includes belonging and connection to the community, an extremely high-quality learning environment and a focus on preparation for school.
You will be an ECE-trained teacher with a New Zealand ECE qualification (or NZQA-assessed equivalent), be registered as a teacher in NZ and have a current practising certificate. Either way, your commitment to bicultural practice and confidence in using ICT as a teaching tool will be vital to the great outcomes for children.
Snapshot of our ideal candidate:
- Sense of responsibility and willingness to show initiative
- A warm and welcoming nature who engages and welcomes whānau
- Writes meaningful and authentic documentation that reflects the child and their learning
- Is highly motivated, flexible and willing to fit in with our dedicated team
- Has a sense of humour
- Has a working understanding of emergent curriculum and Te Whāriki
- Loves challenges and is open to possibilities
- Has a commitment to bicultural practice
- Has a special interest in music
- Is open to the kaupapa of Enviroschools.
You are welcome to visit our kindergarten to find out more about us prior to applying for this position. Alternatively, check out our web page "Click Here"
The terms and conditions of this position are set out in the Kindergarten Teachers, Head Teachers,and Senior Teachers Collective Agreement 2017-2019
You must have the legal right to work in New Zealand to be considered for this position.
How to apply
Please apply for the position via the vacancy link. Email applications will not be accepted.
Careers at AKA
(09) 300 1870
ECE centre details
11A Milton Road, Mount Eden, Auckland
P O Box 6933, Wellesley Street, Auckland 1141