Teacher – early learning
- Boutique centre – part of a non-profit organisation
- Become part of a dynamic, passionate and supportive team
- Generous professional development, and dedicated pedagogical support.
As our children are precious taonga we are looking for a bright and enthusiastic teacher to work in our community-based centre.
About the role:
An opportunity has arisen at our centre for a fully qualified and enthusiastic, U2s teacher.
We offer an inclusive learning programme that celebrates the different cultures and the diverse community. You will need to be nurturing, loving and passionate about working with U2s.
- Help to support and deliver a curriculum aligned to Te Whāriki
- Plan, implement and evaluate a learning programme that is responsive to the strengths and interests of children within the centre
- Promote learning opportunities which are inclusive, equitable and culturally responsive
- Document children’s learning and take responsibility for children’s profile books and e-portfolio.
Skills and experience:
You will be an experienced teacher who loves engaging with children. To undertake this role you will need:
- Early childhood teaching qualification recognised by the Teaching Council of Aotearoa
- Current Teaching Council practising certificate
- Experience working as a teacher in an early childhood education team setting
- Knowledge and understanding of current early childhood education theory and practice
- Excellent communication, planning and organisational skills
- Enthusiasm and a strong desire to make a difference to children in their early years while building strong links with their whānau and families.
Benefits and perks:
- Financial support to retain your full certification
- Discounted childcare for staff members
- Wellness programme which includes flu vaccinations and discounts with various retail and service organisations
- Generous weekly professional development time with dedicated pedagogical support
- Generous sick / domestic leave allowance
- We have a positive working relationship with the NZEI union
- We are well-respected in the community for the great work we do with children.
ECE centre details
Turua Domain Raupoiti St, Turua
P O Box 6434, Marion Square, Wellington 6141