Team leader – preschool
Looking for kindness and respect in a leadership role?
We are a privately owned centre, based in the grounds of North Shore Hospital. We are passionate about the philosophies of Emmi Pikler, Reggio Emilia, and the Virtues Project. We hold strong to the virtues of kindness and respect, truly empowering all staff to genuinely reflect, learn, and collaborate with each other.
Our preschool room team leader is having a baby so we are looking for someone to lead our team of open-hearted genuine teachers. She doesn't leave until October, so we are taking our time finding the right fit.
The successful candidate will:
- Have experience working with, and have a passion for, this unique age group
- Be authentic, respectful and joyful
- Have working knowledge of the Reggio philosophy and be able to share this with the team
- Have the ability to make learning visible to all stakeholders
- Be able to inspire and motivate their team, lead with your heart
- Be well-organised and able to balance the role of team leader and teacher
- Love to reflect, learn, communicate and collaborate.
In return we offer:
- A brilliant supportive management team who are passionate about your learning journey
- Guidance and support moving into this role
- Lots of PLD and support in your learning journey
- The opportunity to work in a truly collaborative team
- The opportunity to work in a centre whose mission is to empower and inspire everyone to learn together, including families, teachers, children and management
- An environment that feels like a home-away-from-home and a centre that lives and breathes their philosophy.
Please check our website for further centre information www.thelearningspace.co.nz or look at our Facebook page of our Eden Terrace centre to see what we are about, 'thelearningspaceELC'.
We feel we are a little different.
ECE centre details
124 Shakespeare Road, Milford, Auckland
20 Northboro Road, Takapuna, Auckland 0622