Collaborative teacher in our Acorns (junior) area starting 28 January 2020.
We have a very unique opportunity that has arisen due to an unexpected position becoming available at our friendly, family-oriented school.
Do you have experience in teaching 5-year-olds as they transition into school?
We run a unique reception programme for our 5-year-olds that meets the needs of children at this stage in their schooling. We have cohort entries twice a term so children are transitioned with a group of children they have built relationships with.
They remain in our reception area for 10 weeks where they have the opportunity to be involved in a well-supported play-based learning programme. Alongside the play-based learning programme equal importance is given to instructional teaching around numeracy and literacy. Strong pedagogical, assessment and curriculum knowledge is essential.
Does the opportunity excite you? Do you have the skills required?
- A strong working content knowledge and effective pedagogy of the current literacy and numeracy practices across the curriculum
- The natural ability to form positive relationships with parents and children from many cultures
- The ability to work collaboratively with a dedicated team who put the child at the centre of all they do
- A sense of humour
- Dedication and commitment to do the best possible job for the children you learn with
- A learner who is constantly looking for new and innovative ways to meet the needs of the children they teach and learn with
- A true personal alignment with our 6 core values
- Strategically organised and able to effectively meet deadlines and manage themselves as a professional.
We encourage any interested applicant to come and visit to see how this exciting and successful programme runs.