Qualified/experienced ELC teacher.
- Become part of a supportive team with Pasifika/tangata whenua knowledge
- We are an incredible organisation committed to quality early learning.
About the role
Due to growth in our centre, we have a fantastic opportunity for a qualified, enthusiastic and passionate early learning teacher.
We offer an inclusive learning programme that celebrates the different cultures and the diverse community.
- Help to support and deliver a curriculum aligned to Te Whāriki
- Plan, implement and evaluate a learning programme that is responsive to the strengths and interests of children within the centre
- Promote learning opportunities which are inclusive, equitable and culturally responsive
- Document children’s learning and take responsibility for children’s profile books and e-portfolios.
Skills and experience
You will be an experienced teacher who loves engaging with children. To undertake this role you will need:
- Early childhood teaching qualification recognised by the Teaching Council of Aotearoa NZ
- Current Teaching Council practising certificate
- Experience working as a teacher in an early childhood education team settings
- Knowledge and understanding of current early childhood education theory and practice
- Knowledge of Tapasa and Pasifika education plan is beneficial
- Excellent communication, planning and organisational skills
- Enthusiasm and a strong desire to make a difference to children in their early years while building strong links with their whānau and families.
Benefits and perks
- Financial support to retain your full certification
- Discounted childcare for staff members
- Wellness programme which includes flu vaccinations and discounts with various retail and service organisations
- Generous professional development time with dedicated pedagogical support
- Generous sick/domestic leave allowance
- We have a positive working relationship with the NZEI union
- We are well respected in the community for the great work we do with children.