About the role
You will work with home-based educators providing professional induction, training and leadership to ensure high-quality learning and care for tamariki.
This full-time, permanent role is an exciting opportunity for you to develop and grow a network of home-based educators in the Manawatu/Wanganui region.
Visiting teachers also promote Barnardos’ early learning services to families and whānau in their region and assist with promotional activities and strategic business development.
- Develop educators to assess and plan for children’s learning, and to provide positive learning environments, consistent with the early childhood curriculum, Te Whāriki
- Provide professional development opportunities for educators to support the ongoing development of their practice
- Facilitate enrolments of new educators, including induction and training
- Actively and positively promote Barnardos when working with educators, families, whānau and the community.
Skills and experience
You will be an outstanding, experienced teacher who is energised and excited about engaging with home-based educators and children. To undertake this role you will have:
- A recognised early childhood teaching qualification
- A current full practising certificate
- Experience mentoring, coaching and leading adults
- A sound understanding of early learning pedagogical practice
- A good understanding of relevant legislation
- A genuine desire to see children thrive
- Self-motivation and initiative
- Sound planning and organisational skills
- Excellent verbal, written and online communication skills
- A current first aid certificate and a clean unrestricted NZ driver’s licence.
- Grow your career with financial support to retain your full certification
- Discounted childcare for staff members
- Wellness programme which includes discounts from health providers
- Generous professional development time each week with dedicated pedagogical support
- We have a good working relationship with NZEI.