Located in the heart of Whatawhata village, and only 6 minutes from Dinsdale, we are a privately-owned and operated childcare centre, catering for children aged 3 months to 5 years in 2 learning rooms.
Our centre is a child's home-away-from-home, where children are loved, get to explore the outdoors with lots of mud, sand and nature, and where they have the freedom to explore, experiment and follow their own interests.
One of our long-term teachers is going to be a stay-at-home mum, so we are looking for an experienced teacher to join our O2s room.
This position is part-time (negotiable between 25–9 hours per week) over 4 days.
We are seeking a fully qualified ECE teacher, who holds either full or provisional registration.
Suitable candidates will be passionate about and committed to:
- Being a flexible team player with a great sense of humour who values curiosity, creativity and peacefulness in their teaching
- Working with 2 to 5-year-olds, and providing a play-based curriculum balanced between child-led learning and intentional teaching
- Implementing Te Whāriki, and documenting children’s learning and development
- Building respectful, kind and empathetic relationships with children, whānau and colleagues
- Strengthening learning outcomes for children through inquiry and reflective practice.
Pay will be negotiated individually with the successful candidates and will depend on experience levels.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
How to apply
Vacancy reference #:1H9usv
Magnolia Tree Childcare Centre
ECE centre details
33 Store Road, Whatawhata
33 Store Road, Whatawhata, Hamilton 3289