Head teacher – Northland Kindergarten Association
Salary Scale K2.
NKA is seeking an experienced and motivated head teacher to lead an established team of teachers in Whangarei.
This kindergarten has a teaching team of 5 teachers and a part-time administrator. The kindergarten operates five 6-hour sessions Monday to Friday catering for 40 children per session between two and six years of age. Approximately 50 per cent of the children enrolled identify as Māori.
NKA is seeking applications from qualified experienced teachers who have the following attributes:
- Is able to demonstrate outstanding leadership, management and mentoring skills
- Pedagogical leadership and knowledge is a strength
- Who can bring to life a vision for the future that is shared by the team
- Is able to establish authentic professional relationships with children, whānau and colleagues
- Is self-motivated, has initiative and is able to work collaboratively with others
- Is a good communicator with all members of the wider kindergarten community.
This kindergarten is part of the NKA which offers fantastic professional development opportunities, is part of a network of 22 kindergartens and is supported by our professional practice team.
Applicants must hold a minimum Dip Tch (ECE) or higher qualification, current practising certificate and first aid certificate.
How to apply
Download an application pack and a position description from the NKA website or email to request an application pack and position description. Email applications to:
Carol Wati, Appointments Secretary
Box 4005, Kamo 0141
(09) 435 9099 extn 2
Forest View Kindergarten
ECE centre details
215 Kiripaka Road, Tikipunga, Whangarei
P O Box 4005, Kamo, Whangarei 0141