Kaiako – Bachelor of Education (primary)
We are seeking an experienced kaiako to teach across 3 year groups; to plan, assess and motivate students’ learning; and be prepared to undertake research within the teaching department to maintain a high-quality programme. This position is based at our Manukau Campus, Māngere, Auckland.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate curriculum strengths including current knowledge of the New Zealand Curriculum and be strong in leadership experience in numeracy and literacy.
- Master’s degree in Education ('Teaching' must be included as a subject in order to teach this programme)
- NZ Certificate in Adult and Tertiary Teaching L5 (preferred is the TWoA He Puāwai: Certificate in Adult and Tertiary Teaching L5)
- Assessment Standards 4098/11281/11551/11552/18203.
- Proven teaching experience in primary education and teaching adults
- Clean police record
- Must be a registered teacher with the New Zealand Teachers Council and hold a current practising certificate.
- Have a good understanding of tikanga, āhuatanga and mātauranga Māori (Māori values, protocols, practices and culture)
- Participate in Māori cultural activities within the organisation such as karakia, pōwhiri/whakatau.
- Demonstrate basic proficiency in te reo Māori.
Tertiary provider details
1 Factory Road, Te Awamutu
P O Box 151, Te Awamutu, Waikato, 3840