- Taranaki, Whanganui, Manawatū region
- Permanent, full-time position based in our Palmerston North office.
Are you an experienced innovative practitioner who is ready for a new challenge and variety in your career?
We are seeking a person who is ready for new opportunities, who is enthusiastic, versatile and highly motivated to support learners with ongoing learning and behavioural needs in the region.
This role would suit a psychologist with relevant experience and qualifications who can also learn to work as a special education advisor in school settings. You will be responsible for providing high quality services to educators and whānau of children with complex needs in school settings and in some instances early childhood settings.
You will need the following:
- An ability and willingness to work in collaborative partnership with other professionals, agencies, families and the sector
- An ability to work as part of a transdisciplinary team
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including an ability to sustain productive professional relationships
- A genuine commitment to evidence-based interventions which demonstrate inclusive education practice and contribute to raising student achievement
- A New Zealand Psychologist Board registration and current practising certificate
- Culturally responsive practice that demonstrates a commitment to the Treaty of Waitangi
- A relevant tertiary qualification
- A full New Zealand driver's licence.
Please review the position description by copy and pasting this link into your browser: expressonline.haineslink.co.nz/pdfs/623260_JobDesc.pdf
Ministry of Education
Location: New Zealand (nationwide)