Our centre is currently seeking to employ an enthusiastic, and adaptable qualified childcare worker to work 3 days per week (0.6) Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. The centre is open from 7.30am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday.
Our centre provides quality education and care for children aged between 6 months and 5 years. The early learning centre welcomes all children from the community, including those of Whitireia students and staff.
About the role:
We are looking for an energetic and dedicated child care worker to support our centre! You will be part of an enthusiastic team, providing excellent care for children. The successful applicant will be punctual, reliable and a team player. You will have the opportunity to contribute to the life of the centre and its community. You must enjoy working alongside children, be a confident communicator, hardworking, and have a cheerful attitude.
Tasks are varied but your main responsibilities will be to undertake quality professional interactions with the children, follow all health and safety requirements to ensure the safety of the children/self and support the teachers at the centre. You will build strong relationships and connect meaningfully with our staff, whānau and tamariki.
This role requires the following key skills and attributes:
- Experience working in an early childcare setting and studying an
- Early childhood qualification
- Proactive work ethic, punctual and enjoys a multicultural environment
- Ability to support children emotionally and socially
- Ability to prioritise and manage workload effectively
- Display integrity, professionalism, patience and a strong character
- Ability to adapt personality and style to suit relevant audience at all age groups
- A willingness to take on different tasks and roles.
If you have an affinity for children, and want some flexibility in your working life, then this is the opportunity for you.
You must currently have the legal right to work in New Zealand to be considered for this position.