Home-based coordinator / visiting teacher
We are looking for a full-time coordinator to join our team. The role combines the opportunity to mentor educators, visit children in their home and be involved in child-led learning and play.
You will be responsible for:
- Visiting educators, children and families
- Observing educators and children during your visits
- Monitoring educators, ensuring the health and safety in our service
- Conducting home safety checks
- Preparing curriculum and programme planning
- Organising excursions, playgroups and events
- Following up enquiries.
The successful applicant will require:
- ECE teacher's certification in NZ with a strong understanding of the Te Whāriki curriculum
- Experience in programme planning/curriculum
- A genuine desire to see children thrive in the home-based environment
- Self-motivation and a positive, focused approach
- A current first aid certificate and open NZ driver’s licence
- Enjoy having fun and being involved in child-led learning and play.
We expect that you are actively promoting our services within the community and local child groups so a confident person with an eye for growth is a huge advantage.
How to apply
Vacancy reference #:1H9tP3
ECE centre details
6 Protea Place, Wigram, Christchurch
6 Protea Place, Wigram, Christchurch 8042