Natural environment, holistic principals and mixed age children.
We are a not-for-profit trust in Dunedin. We are looking for a qualified teacher who shares the drives/passion to ensure children receive the best possible care and education. We are Waldorf/ Pikler inspired and on a journey to discover more respectful education and develop our skills within these philosophies.
We are looking for a confident experienced teacher. Our current team is strong, stable and work well together.
We would value these strengths in a new teacher:
- A genuine passion for working with children of all ages
- Experience and confidence with children is essential (as you will be given responsibilities as part of a teaching team), of which some days can be very busy but rewarding
- Fun, enthusiastic and loving teaching philosophy, and a warm and approachable attitude that will positively impact other staff, children and their families
- Some knowledge of Waldorf and Pikler would be helpful
- You will be expected to write learning stories and be responsible as part of a team to ensure planning and documentation is undertaken and kept up to date
- The ability to plan seasonal experiences, and eagerness to provide a nurturing environment
This position also may call on the flexibility to move hours around and work to support other support other colleagues. This position is a minimum of 35 hours per week but could be up to 40 hours depending on our requirements
If you feel you would love to apply for this position and you are currently provisionally or fully registered and you are what we are looking for please send a covering letter and a CV to us. Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
How to apply
Vacancy reference #:1H9tKx
ECE centre details
351 Pine Hill Road, Pine Hill, Dunedin
351 Pine Hill Road, Liberton, Dunedin