19/149 Team leader capability services for schools
This is a challenging and exciting opportunity to lead a high-performing national team of capability facilitators who make a difference to the lives of young New Zealanders by working alongside school library staff, teachers and school communities to develop:
- School libraries which support teaching and learning
- A culture of reading for pleasure
- Learners who are digitally literate and aware of their culture, heritage and identity.
Services to schools sits within the Learning and Literacy Directorate of the National Library of New Zealand Te Puna Mātauranga o Aotearoa. The National Library sits within the Information and Knowledge Services branch of the Department of Internal Affairs.
The team leader capability services for schools provides operational and professional leadership to the capability facilitators to deliver professional learning opportunities, in-school development and advice and online content relating to our strategic priorities at natlib.govt.nz/schools.
To be successful in this position you will require:
- Experience in managing people in a professional context
- Demonstrated success in developing and delivering professional learning and development programmes in an education or library context
- Extensive knowledge of the school library landscape in New Zealand and internationally
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of directions in the New Zealand schooling and library sectors
- Highly developed professional networks to enable strong collaborative approaches and sustained partnerships.
If you would like a stimulating, rewarding career within a truly supportive team that strives to make a real difference for young New Zealanders then we want to hear from you.
For more information or to apply: please refer to this link
How to apply
Vacancy reference #:1H9suM
Department of Internal Affairs
Location: New Zealand (nationwide)