Teacher – early learning
- Exciting opportunity to join a community-focused centre
- Henderson location – beat the traffic, work close to home!
- We are an incredible organisation committed to quality early learning.
As our children are precious taonga we are looking for a bright and enthusiastic teacher to work in our community-based centre.
About the role
We are looking for an enthusiastic early learning teacher. Our centre offers an inclusive learning programme that celebrates Pasifika culture and the diverse community.
- Deliver a curriculum aligned to Te Whāriki
- Plan, implement and evaluate a learning programme that is responsive to the strengths and interests of children
- Promote learning opportunities which are inclusive, equitable and culturally responsive
- Document children’s learning and take responsibility for children’s profile books and e-portfolios.
Skills and experience
You will be an experienced teacher who loves engaging with children.
To undertake this role you will need:
- Early childhood teaching qualification recognised by the Education Council of Aotearoa
- Current Education Council practising certificate
- Experience working as a teacher in an early childhood education team setting
- Knowledge of, or willingness to engage with the centre’s Pasifika philosophy
- The ability to use initiative and a commitment to quality practice standards and the principles of Te Whāriki
- Knowledge and understanding of current early childhood education theory and practice
- Excellent communication, planning and organisational skills
- Enthusiasm and a strong desire to make a difference to children in their early years while building strong links with their whānau and families.
Benefits and perks
- Financial support to retain your full certification
- Discounted childcare for staff members
- A wellness programme which includes flu vaccinations and discounts with various retail and service organisations
- Generous weekly professional development time with dedicated pedagogical support
- Generous sick leave allowance.
Barnardos Early Learning Centre Henderson
ECE centre details
22A Smythe Road, Henderson, Auckland
P O Box 6434, Marion Square, Wellington 6141