About the role:
This role is an exciting opportunity for you to develop and grow a network of home-based educators in the Auckland Central/South region and will require a ‘self-starter’ with proven leadership skills who understands the role of a mentor.
As a visiting teacher you will work with home-based educators providing professional leadership, training and induction of new educators to ensure high-quality learning and care for tamariki.
Visiting teachers also promote Barnardos’ early learning services to families and whānau in their region and assist with promotional activities and strategic business development.
- Develop educators to assess and plan for children’s learning, and to provide positive learning environments, consistent with the early childhood curriculum, Te Whāriki
- Provide professional development opportunities for educators to support the ongoing development of their practice
- Facilitate enrolments of new educators, including induction and training
- Actively and positively promote Barnardos when working with educators, families, whānau and the community.
Skills and experience:
You will be an outstanding, experienced teacher who is energised and excited about engaging with home-based educators and children.
To undertake this role you will have:
- A recognised early childhood teaching qualification
- A current full practising certificate
- Experience mentoring, coaching and leading adults
- A sound understanding of early learning pedagogical practice
- A good understanding of relevant legislation
- A genuine desire to see children thrive
- Self-motivation and initiative
- Sound planning and organisational skills
- Excellent verbal, written and online communication skills
- A current first aid certificate and a clean unrestricted NZ driver’s licence
- Benefits and perks
- Grow your career with financial support to retain your full certification
- Discounted childcare for staff members and a wellness programme which includes flu vaccinations and discounts with Southern Cross and Specsavers
- Generous professional development time each week with dedicated pedagogical support.
To view the position description visit our website.