About the role
Due to an increased roll we are now seeking a qualified and certified ECE teacher to join our lovely teaching team. The position is for 40 hours per week. As a teacher in our centre you will engage with the assessment, planning and implementation of a curriculum which enhances children's wellbeing and promotes their learning and development.
You will work in partnership with parents and whānau to support their child's learning and ensure there is continuity between home and the centre.
Skills and experience:
Are you resourceful, caring and excited about working with children? Do you have the following?
- Positive 'can-do' attitude and the ability to use your initiative
- A commitment to creating quality early learning experiences for the children in our centre
- Excellent communication, planning and organisation skills
- A strong desire to make a difference to children in their early years while building strong links with their whānau and families
- A deep understanding of Te Whāriki, the early learning curriculum.
Barnardos Early Learning is the social enterprise arm of Barnardos New Zealand's leading children's charity. Our centres provide a warm and caring environment with trained and experienced staff.
Every year our services and people make a real and positive difference in the lives of thousands of children, young people and their families.
Barnardos believes that through our collective commitment, talents and efforts we are working hard to create an Aotearoa where every child has the opportunity to, in their own unique way, shine bright.
How to apply
Vacancy reference #:1H9rWm
Barnardos Early Learning Centre Palmerston North
ECE centre details
25 Kipling Street, Roslyn, Palmerston North
P O Box 6434, Marion Square, Wellington 6141