Education advisor (ECE)
Taranaki, Whanganui, Manawatu.
Based in Palmerston North or New Plymouth.
Now is an exciting time at the Ministry of Education. We are working differently with the sector and communities so that our education system can deliver the best outcomes for children and whānau.
The Ministry's highest priorities are to raise achievement for all. Participation in quality early learning is a priority. This role will give you the opportunity to work collaboratively with the sector, parents, families and whānau and communities to develop local solutions that will increase participation and improve quality early learning provision.
Education advisors take a lead role in the licensing, certification of early childhood education (ECE) services and participation initiatives. This requires excellent relationship management skills and an indepth knowledge of the education sector at a senior level.
If you are able to evidence your experience in the following areas we would like to hear from you:
- The confidence to work across a diverse range of services and contexts
- Strong networks and experience working with Māori medium and Pacific ECE services
- Have experience in assessing information to make objective judgements against criteria and recommending courses of action
- Have the ability to analyse complex issues to produce clear and succinct written work with strong written and oral communication skills
- Have experience in dealing with complex relationships, including influencing and negotiation skills
- Brokering external professional learning and development as required
- A tertiary qualification in early learning or other relevant discipline.
Please review the attached position description and if this opportunity interests you and you meet the requirements, please apply now using the 'apply online' button.
Please signal your preferred location in your cover letter.
Ministry of Education
Location: New Zealand (nationwide)