We are seeking a guidance counsellor to work with students in our college.
- Hold a current membership or provisional status with NZAC
- Be a registered teacher with a current practising certificate
- Be prepared to undertake regular ongoing supervision from a professional counselling supervisor
- Have an understanding of school systems and contexts and be able to contribute to the decision making of the wellbeing team
- Acknowledge and respect diversity of culture, gender, age, disability, religion and sexual orientation
- Be a skilled communicator
- Have the ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with the wider wellbeing team
- Have the skills to identify students and groups of students who are at risk of poor social outcomes and develop plans and programmes to assist them.
All staff are required to play an active role in the extracurricular life of the school. Further details are available in the position description, which is available on request.
How to apply
Vacancy reference #:1H9nv3
Queen Margaret College
53 Hobson Street, Thorndon, Wellington
P O Box 12274, Thorndon, Wellington, 6144
View on map