School accountability and improvement adviser
Location - Solomon Islands.
- Up to 11 months assignment comprising – 180 working days
- New Zealand government support programme
- Located in Honiara, Solomon Islands – to start February 2019.
The New Zealand government has partnered with the government of the Solomon Islands to provide technical expertise and capability building to the Solomon Islands Ministry of Education and Human Resources Development to improve their school inspection processes for greater efficacy and effectiveness.
The objectives of this role are to:
- Provide technical expertise and capability-building support to the Ministry of Education and Human Resources Development and the School Inspectorate by holistically reviewing the Whole School Inspection framework and process and identify areas for improvement
- Provide advice, direction and action to the Ministry of Education and Human Resources Development to develop and implement an integrated approach to school accountability and improvement through the development and application of a revised approach to Whole School Inspection.
The qualifications and expertise required
- A degree or higher qualification in education or relevant field and extensive relevant experience
- The ability to work collaboratively and respectively in cross-cultural settings, working with a range of stakeholders, ministerial and others
- Experience providing mentoring and capacity building to colleagues
- Professional and practical experience required in education monitoring, analysis and evaluation, with speciality in school review and improvement
- Background knowledge of best practice of school review inspection in developing countries
- Experience in policy development; experience in multi-sectoral coordination considered an asset
- Field experience in conducting evaluation activities in developing countries
- Ability to establish rapport, communicate effectively, and work with, people of diverse cultures, backgrounds and education
- Ability to interact well with the local community.
How to apply
Hudson Global Resources has been engaged to manage this procurement process. Please refer all correspondence, queries or requests for more information and a copy of the full role description to:
(04) 917 9270
New Zealand Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade
Location: New Zealand (nationwide)