Leadership advisor with Māori-medium capability – Tai Tokerau
Evaluation Associates has been contracted by the Ministry of Education to provide an individual support service for principals, with a primary focus on beginning principals/ngā tumuaki. We currently have 31 leadership advisors supporting more than 400 beginning principals/ngā tumuaki and additional experienced principals across the schooling sector from primary to secondary.
We are seeking to recruit a leadership advisor with Māori-medium capability to focus in particular on providing services of support that are appropriate and meets the needs of ngā tumuaki Māori in either medium or principals who have responsibility for full Māori-medium contexts or as part of their wider school/kura.
While we will consider applications from those who wish to be less than 1 FTE our preference is for people either full-time or close to this. The successful applicant for this role will:
- Have recent successful school principal experience in New Zealand schools or kura
- Have a disposition and demeanour which garners principals' trust and confidence
- Have the skills and disposition to effectively coach principals to develop in their leadership
- Have a strong commitment to supporting schools to raise achievement for every student
- Have a strong commitment to supporting beginning principals/ngā tumuaki to achieve success in their new role
- Have a strong commitment to supporting experienced principals with targeted and tailored support
- Be open to learning and growing professionally
- Be a team player – with the ability to collaborate with the wider team of leadership advisors, the Ministry of Education and local principal groups
- Be a clear communicator (oral and written)
- Have the ability to coach leaders in their leadership inquiries and to effectively problem solve when issues arise
- Be a highly competent IT user – including the use of standard tools such as Word and Excel – and also have the ability to quickly pick up new technologies.
Evaluation Associates Ltd.